In 1924 the street as a no-name street was added to the city plan.
In 1935 it was called Seminarijos Street.
From 1924 to 1946 the street backs into Gekežinkelio Street.
In 1952 it was renamed Pedagogų Street.
In 1960 Pedagogų Street was renamed Komjaunimo Street, but street hereinafter referred to the old name.
In 1991 it was renamed Seminarijos.