Currently, it is V. Kudirkos Street.
In 1869 regulatory Project of Marijampolė was developed. According to project, new street extended eastward from Prekymečių (Viešosios) Square to Kalvarijos (P. Vaičaičio) Street.
In 1884 the street was named Prekybos Street (Targowa ulica).
In 1903 the street was renamed Turgaus Street (Базарная улитца).
In the early 20th century it was called Naujųjų rinkų Street.
In 1920 the street renamed Kudirkos Street.
In 1989 the segment of Z. Angariečio Street (Kauno) was called V. Kudirkos Street.
In 1990 a decision was made to begin V. Kudirkos street at the intersection of Kauno and V. Kudirkos Streets.
In 1991 K.Giedrio Street (former southern part of Kęstučio Str.) was joined with V. Kudirkos Street.