An ornamented oak cross, 3,2 m in high, was built at the homestead of priest Pranciškus Šulskis (18 P. Armino St.). In 1989 it was carved by a craftsman Albinas Sinkevičius.
Pranciškus Šulskis (1918-09-01, Minsk, Belarus – 1999-02-04 Marijampolė, Lithuania) was a Catholic priest, translator, watchmaker. In 1934 Šulkis joined Marian Monastery in Marijampole. He attended gymnasium of Marijonai, studied theology at Vytautas Magnus University in Kaunas. In 1940 he gave the eternal vows, and was ordained priest in 1945. Pranciškus Šulskis worked as a children chaplain at St. Archangel Michael parish. From 1946 to 1948 he was a pastor of St. Vincent Church. Young pastor was gravely injured resulting in lifelong paralyzes in 1946. Due to the illness he decided to take upon various activities, such as translating theological publication from German and Latin, fixing watches, crafting rosaries, leading Marian province meetings. From 1969 to 1981 he was appointed provincialis (Lot.) of Lithuanian Marians Monks. And with a help of a Sister Valė he was travelling around Lithuania and visiting Brothers.
P. Šulskis moved to his in house (P. Armino Street) in 1957. The house was acquired by Marians Brothers and priests. Locals knew that was a place of priest-watchmaker. Watchmaking craft was a disguise for illegal Marian’s meetings. The house was a shelter for priest students from Lithuania and Ukraine, and Marians who had lost their monasteries. In this house priest lived till his death.